Saturday, March 11, 2006

Stuff I wanted to Pick Up......................................

I just finished talking cock with the bunch of Singaporean friends that are doing medicine over here when 1 of them decided to enter a music room (they have rooms in the hostel for people to practise their musical talent) and commenced to conjure a little magic from the combination of his nimble fingers and the keys on the piano in the room... Was so attracted to the sweet sound of the musical notes that I stood rooted there... Just listening to him play was so soothing to the mind. Totally enchanting... Music therapy as some people call it?

Anyone, seeing the unbelievable talent that my pianist friend possessed reminded me of the many flings I had with new stuff that I wanted to try out and hopefully master during my time as a Sai Kang Warrior in the school of medics...

First and foremost, I wanted to master the art of playing a violin... Unfortunately, the timing of the violin lessons just kept clashing with my sunday football sessions. Guess which activity took priority in the end? haha... It's hard to push away your 1st love...

Next, I spent a fortune getting a place in the Comfort Driving School... Took and passed all the theory tests (both basic & advanced) before completing about 12 practical lessons. Was doing well until I got itchy fingers and decided to take up the challenge of going to OCS... Stopped all driving lessons after that. It's been >1 year since then. Guess all the money spent is all down the drain... Haiz...

Following that, my itchy brain cells encouraged me to pick up a new language... So away I went, buying teach-yourself books about the Vietnamese language and grammar books about Bahasa Melayu... Guess what happened in the end? Yup, they were safely tucked away in 1 corner of my bunk and now my room, gathering dusk and still in their prime untouched condition.

Haiz... Don't know why I'm so fickle-minded? 1 moment hot, 1 moment cold... What if I had not gone to OCS? Would I have mastered all these skills? Hmmm, God knows? I wonder if it's still possible to fulfill all these desires that I once had.... Whether it's possible that someday, somehow, I can play a proper song on a violin. (stop laughing people! Miracles DO happen...) How I wished I had continue piano lessons when I was in primary school.... (I kept oversleeping when it was time for lessons until my teacher had to call my mum up to call me to wake up and go for lessons... Guess my fingers are 2 short and chubby to master the piano) Whether it's possible that I can someday drive my little princess to anywhere she dreams of going? Whether it's possible that someday somehow I can converse fluently in Vietnamese with my little princess's parents? Or speak in Bahasa Melayu with the Mee Rebus Auntie? (Sedap sia!)

Well... God knows! Hopefully He's saying... That's a positive over...

(Better get down to some serious work Chern! Stop day-dreaming!)



when can I learn to read these notes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home