Monday, August 28, 2006

Pausing For a Reflection

My mid-semester exam is 2 days away from today.

As I was burying my head in my books, I found myself cursing and swearing.
KNN! What the hell?! How many names, structures, theories, rules, mechanisms (and the list goes on...) must I stuff into my head.

Then, I paused to get a drink from the kitchen. And a moment of reflection came upon me.

I remembered cursing and swearing to myself before. But there was a stark difference then. Then I was covered in camo, wearing a green set of uniform unwashed for 2 days and with a pitiful amount of sleep. That was then.

I took a sip from the cup of tea.

Thank goodness.

Why am I cursing and swearing to myself for?

I went back to my books with a lighter head and in brighter spirits.
Count your blessings Chern. Don't be a fool.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 am, Blogger Baby Wombat said...

come on dear, jia you! How can you so fast curse and swear? At least you get to study medicine overseas. Isn't it something that a lot of ppl can't even dream of? Count your blessings, not your troubles, then everything will be fine. And you'll make it through whatever comes along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home